Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Women initiate 70% of all divorces (reference)
- Currently, the divorce rate per 1000 married women is 16.9.
- The divorce rate per 1000 married women is nearly double that of 1960 (reference Wilkinson – Finkbeiner family lawyer)
- Almost 50 percent of all marriages in the United States will end in divorce or separation.
- Researchers estimate that 41 percent of all first marriages end in divorce
- 60 percent of second marriages end in divorce
- 73 percent of all third marriages end in divorce
- The United States has the 6th highest divorce rate in the world.
- The average first marriage that ends in divorce lasts about 8 years